Churchfields Academy introduced a new uniform from September 2015 and is proud of the high standards of uniform and presentation by our pupils.
Items marked *must be purchased from Uniform Direct (telephone 01522 510016 or visit the company’s website www.uniform-direct.com). The Academy requires the choice of colour, material and style to conform to the uniform requirements stated below.
- *Academy blazer with braid and logo. Blazers are to be worn at all times within the Academy and the vicinity. In warm weather the Senior Leadership Team will give guidance to any temporary adjustments to uniform expectations.
- *Academy tie. These can be purchased as either a clip-on or preferably a traditional tie. The tie must be of traditional size and worn to an appropriate length just above the waist
- *OPTIONAL: Academy navy jumper or cardigan (non-logo but purchased only through Uniform Direct). The jumper cannot be worn without the blazer. If a student is too warm, the jumper can be removed, not the blazer.
- Plain white traditional school shirt with collar to take a tie (long or short sleeves). Shirts must be long enough to be tucked in at all times. If an extra t-shirt is worn underneath the white shirt, it must be plain white, short sleeved and not visible.
- Plain black trousers or skirt. No additions such as stripes, studs, overstitching or embellishments etc. (NOT black jeans/combat style trousers, trousers with patterns/stripes, leggings, jeggings, denims, cords or 3/4 length). Skirts must be plain black, appropriate length – no more than 2″ above the knee. No micro-skirts or tight fitting skirts.
- Plain black school shoes – NOT black trainers, boots, daps, sandals, shoes that look like trainers or shoes without backs; all heels should be no more than 1½ inches.
- Plain black or natural colour tights.
- Plain black socks (no patterns).
- Belts must be plain black and not studded or fashion belts.
- Outdoor coats should be plain black or dark coloured. Hoodies (zipped, buttoned or pullover), denim jackets, leather jackets, training tops or non-Academy cardigans must not be worn or brought into the academy.
- Baseball caps may only be brought into the academy in summer months for protection, although must not be worn in the building.
- Headscarves worn for religious reasons MUST be plain dark blue or black. Garments covering the face are not permitted.
*All tops, shorts and socks must be purchased from Uniform Direct.
BOYS AND GIRLS
BOYS AND GIRLS
Blue/amber games/rugby shirt – optional in colder weather
Blue/amber games socks
Football (studded) boots, shin guards
Navy/black tracksuit bottoms – optional in the colder weather.
It is strongly recommended that pupils have shin guards and mouth guards to participate in Hockey, Football and/or Rugby.
Dependant on the weather: hat and gloves, sun screen.
Pupils should have their water bottles with them at all lessons.
Navy/amber/red polo top
A bib apron is required for health and safety (preferably blue, but a white one is acceptable).
Outdoor coats may not be worn in lesson
One small stud earring may be worn in the lower lobe of each ear and no other piercing is allowed. E.g. No lip, nose, eyebrow piercing, stretchers, plugs, retainers or clear plasters
Only one small ring on one hand and one small bracelet may be worn. A necklace may be worn but must be worn underneath the student’s shirt.
Extreme styles, shaven heads/eyebrows ‘Tramlines’ are not allowed in school. Hair colour should be natural and not dyed outside of the normal colour range
Make up should only be worn if very discreet and barely visible. No false eyelashes, nails or lipstick. Nail varnish can only be worn if clear.
Mobile telephones, audio/visual equipment
Mobile telephones must not be used during lesson time and should be kept in school bag switched off or on silent during lessons. Other items such as iPods, digital cameras etc. must not be brought into school.
These items may be confiscated and parents/ guardians will be asked to collect them.
Aerosol cans/laser pens/lighters/matches
This is not an exhaustive list but all these items should not be brought on to the school site as they will be confiscated.
School bags are necessary to carry books/equipment to and from school and need to be large enough for purpose. Handbags are not to be brought into school
*ALL GARMENTS – PARTICULARLY COATS – WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE DEPUTY HEADTEACHER (acting) (Mr R Langdown)